I have been involved in film safety work since the early 1990’s, when I worked for over 10 years at Troll Safety Equipment, a Manchester based height safety company. During that time I was involved in providing and training height safety and rescue throughout the UK in both land-based and offshore environments, and was an assessor for the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA).
I provide height safety services to film units in both outdoor and industrial environments. Examples of productions I've worked on include:
- Alien Empire (BBC Natural History Unit) – positioning camera crew on a 150m overhanging cliff to film wild bees in Nepal.
- Blue Peter (BBC) – looking after presenters on Jodrell Bank and Blackpool Tower.
- Equinox (Channel 4) – setting up locations and climbing stunt work on UK cliffs and industrial locations for a documentary on climbing equipment
- Dragons (Darlow Smithson) – ice climbing stunt work on a glacier in Chamonix
- Mountain Men (Discovery) – looking after camera crews in the cold of Alpine winter
- The Hard Face of the Ogre (YTV and Channel 4) - filming in the Karakoram of Pakistan at altitudes above 6000m.
£350 to £500 per day depending on the level of support required.